Reducing the energy usage required for building or maintaining a house can help in substantially reducing the carbon footprint. Moreover, a green or environment friendly approach ensures greater physical comfort and tranquility. Irrespective of, whether you are purchasing a new house, remodeling the existing one or planning a new construction, a green lifestyle would not only make you more consider towards the environment but also save a great deal of your money. Given below are some useful tips on how green real estate can be built.
* Use of the recycled materials, non-toxic paint, formaldehyde-free insulation and energy-efficient construction techniques are just some of the methods to create an eco-friendly home.
* There are numerous ways in which you can harness the green energy. One popular way is installing highly energy-efficient appliances in your home.
* Passive cooling and heating techniques also make a great way to deflect or capture solar heat through intensive insulation, reflective roof or strategically placed ceiling fans. One can even opt for wind turbines to trim down the utility costs. The best part is that for people, who install wind turbines and solar panels, the government offers great support.
* Homeowners can even purchase environmentally safe products, like energy-efficient water heaters and light bulbs and flooring products made up of renewable materials, such as recyclable plastic, glass, cork, bamboo etc.
* For those, who have a garden or backyard, planting vegetables and herbs in this space is a nice way to enhance your property's green credentials. As you would know how much hard work has really gone into growing the food, you would not waste even a crumb of it.
* While building earth-friendly homes, the priority should be to think about the environment safety and using as many renewable resources as possible. Materials, like lightweight concrete, timber, straw etc, should be thoroughly investigated before bringing into use.
*ides, when it comes to styles in green homes, the choices are endless. You can go for traditional designs, rounded styles, organic designs, earthen homes and many others. Traditional home styles include contemporary, Victorian, ranch homes, bungalow and more. On the other hand, rounded homes are known for their hurricane resistant designs and are believed to keep the residents close to the environment. Earthen homes have a unique design. They are usually built either entirely underground or partly in the earth.
* To make sure your family stays in a cleaner and healthy home environment, you should buy and use only safe products, which are biodegradable and non toxic. Avoid using materials that contain ozone-depleting components, dyes, formaldehyde, heavy metals, solvent-based finishes, adhesives and other items, which discharge volatile chemicals in the air. It is advisable to always check that the appliances and other products that you purchase have green-rated labels on them.
Such as these, there is a plethora of ideas that can be implemented quite easily to build a greener home, without spending a fortune.